The All Souls St Gabriels school community celebrated 100 years since the founding of St Gabriel's school at Charters Towers.
A special high tea was held at the school's original location, Advent House, on Saturday, with over 70 people including past and current students and staff.
The Richmond community gifted a limestone Moonrock, which was unveiled with a special plaque to commemorate the centenary celebration.
The plaque inscription states:
"This monument is to commemorate the foundation of St Gabriel's School on this site the 8th February 1921 by the Sisters of the Society of the Sacred Advent.
"The moonrock was gifted by the Richmond Community to acknowledge the relocation of St Gabriel's School to Richmond, whilst Advent House was occupied as an American War Hospital during WWII (1942-44).
"St Gabriel's School is now amalgamated and continues as All Souls St Gabriels School in Charters Towers."
All Souls St Gabriels schools will host its official centenary celebrations from May 28-30 in Charters Towers.
We love connecting with our readers and one way is through our daily newsletter, which delivers all the big ag news right to your inbox. Sign up here!