Mareeba Combined Agents penned a total of 378 head at this week's Prime and Store cattle sale on Tuesday.
Numbers decreased by 79 head on the previous week. Bulls dominated numbers this week with a total of 53 per cent of the yarding.
Bullocks suitable for slaughter gained 7c/kg. This has set a new yard record of 316c/kg.
Local trade heifers sold for the best money of 2019 an improvement of 16c/kg on the previous week.
Heavy Cows didn't hit the highest from last week back 5c/kg from 254c/kg.
Bulls suitable for slaughter remained strong with good competition.
- 198 bulls averaged 211.8c/kg selling to a top of 300c/kg.
- 80 cows averaged 202c/kg selling to a top of 246.2c/kg
- 25 heifers averaged 166c/kg selling to a top of 265c/kg
- 64 steers averaged 259.4c/kg selling to a top of 316.2c.kg
- 6 yearling heifers averaged 157c/kg selling to a top of 254.2c/kg
- 3 yearling steers averaged 150c/kg selling to a top of 150c/kg
- 1 Cow & Calf unit sold for $400