Plans for a major revamp of Clermont’s showgrounds and saleyards have been unveiled.
A 20-year draft master plan put forward by the Isaac Regional Council this week sets out projects including the addition of six spelling yards, a new showground entrance, pavilion refurbishments and the replacement of the ageing rodeo ring with a multipurpose facility.
The release of the plan comes after the council last year formed an advisory committee to discuss the future of the facilities.
Mayor Anne Baker said Clermont Showgrounds and Saleyards were important not only to the region, but the rest of the state.
“We’re a region that feeds, powers and builds communities,” she said.
“The Isaac has a $212 million beef industry and maintains the state’s second largest cattle herd.
“We’re eager to future-proof our iconic events and continue supporting our great beef industry.”
Other long-term projects detailed in the plan include the potential to build a two storey Multipurpose Function Centre and the staged replacement of horse stalls and the stud cattle ring.
Showgrounds and saleyards users will now have their chance to have their say on the draft plan.
Stakeholders can submit written feedback on the master plan up until February 20.
On-site community briefing and consultation sessions will be held at the Heritage Building at the Clermont Showgrounds on Saturday February 16 at 10am to12pm and 2pm to 4pm.
The story Feedback wanted for Clermont saleyards upgrade plan first appeared on Queensland Country Life.