Multi-award winning artist Tom Curtain is bringing a piece of the Territory to the eastern states for four months from December.
Accompanied by his horses, dogs and original music, the singer-songwriter is taking Katherine Outback Experience on the road to many rural communities, taking in Hughenden on Saturday and Alice River on Sunday.
“Many of these communities are in drought and need something to look forward to, to make them smile and allow them to forget about their worries for a couple of hours,” Tom said.
“We have made every effort to ensure the shows are affordable, particularly for families,” he said.
Tom is a horse and dog trainer and an all-round entertainer who loves to make audiences smile with his family-friendly performances.
“Combining the horses, dogs and music provides a real family-orientated event,” he said.
“We hope to inspire our guests by sharing our knowledge and experiences in animal training to show how you can achieve great results by building a relationship around trust.”
It’s not all about fun and games, though; the Katherine Golden Guitar winner has a serious message to spread as part of his Speak Up tour through school visits.
Through his close relationship with the parents of Amy ‘Dolly’ Everett, Tom was inspired to write Speak Up, following the teenager’s sudden death after being relentlessly bullied.
He released the single with fellow Golden Guitar winner, Sara Storer, raising money and awareness for Dolly’s Dream.
Tom will tour schools and communities as part of his national Speak Up Tour in late 2018/ early 2019.
Each show on the tour will include a one-hour outback horse and dog show, followed by an hour of live music from Tom.
- Saturday, December 8: 6pm at Hughenden Campdraft Grounds.
- Sunday, December 9: 5pm at Ultimate Rural Training Centre, Alice River.
- Wednesday, December 11: 6pm at Nebo Undercover Arena, Nebo.
- Thursday, December 13: 7pm at Middlemount Campdraft Grounds, Middlemount.
- Saturday, December 15: 6pm at Bauhinia Camppdraft Grounds, Bauhinia.
- Sunday, December 16: 4pm at Monto Showgrounds, Monto.
- Saturday, January 5; 6pm at Toowoomba Showgrounds Equestrian Indoor Arena, Toowoomba.