New independent report shows time is ripe to address barriers to profit.
National Agriculture Writer - Beef
Shan Goodwin steers Fairfax Media’s national coverage of the beef industry. Shan has worked as a journalist for more than 20 years, the majority of that with agricultural publications. She spent many years as The Land’s North Coast reporter and has visited beef properties and stations throughout the country and overseas. Shan feels a need to play whatever small role she can in supporting Australia’s beef supply chain given how much beef her family consumes. She treats all breeds equally.
INDUSTRY domestic marketing campaigns this year tapped into that seemingly ingrained value Australians clearly have for beef.
The upward climb of retail beef prices since 2013, which has run very much in sync with cattle prices for the past two years, came to a halt in the first part of this year.
- Fancy living and working on the Cape?
- The Bureau of Meteorology has confirmed we are now in a La Nina phase but says the system is likely to be weak and short-lived.
- Growcom has long been a champion of treating workers fairly in the horticulture industry.
- A small town in north west Queensland is selling affordable 800 sqm blocks for $10 a piece.
- The science of sunshine has preoccupied Martin Green for more than 40 years, but the way solar panels make our toasters pop and our kettles boil still leaves him spellbound.
- World-class standards must be upheld to protect live export.
- Moving or culling the flying fox colony that inhabit Lissner Park at Charters Towers has been an ongoing concern for close to 20 years due to the mental and physical health risks they pose to residents and businesses in the area.
- Karumba Live Export (KLE) facility is relying on deep, annual dredging of the Gulf of Carpentaria catchment to continue its shipments and potential to expand.
- It's a city under siege. Charters Towers residents are suffering from the worst bat plague in living memory, with up to 200,000 flying foxes invading the town.
- "It's hard to see how an affordable housing investment could stack up."
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.