The bush's welding genius often features at mailboxes at Christmas time, and the Queensland Country Life wants to feature readers' decorative efforts.
Deb Frecklington has announced her intention to stand for the leadership of the LNP in Queensland.
The long-awaited TraNSIT transport logistics tool developed by CSIRO researchers has identified that it’s 70 per cent less expensive to transport cattle or beef by road than rail.
Not only is the 2017 Australian Winemaker of the Year, Queenslander Mike Hayes, achieving great things for today’s industry but the wine drinkers of the future will also be thanking him.
The trend for north Queenslanders to lease country as part of the operational mix of agricultural assets has been increasing over the last five years.
Safety is what’s missing from the Weapons Licensing Branch’s justifications for clamping down on who can have a category H firearms licence, according to grassroots users.
Longreach sheep and cattle grazier, Dominic Burden, has replaced Russell Lethbridge as the north Queensland representative on the AgForce Queensland Farmers Board.
An announcement last week that Australia’s largest organic industry body, Australian Organic Ltd, has restructured its business into two separate sections, has been questioned by the consultant who prepared a roadmap for a new peak body for the industry.
Prizes galore are lined up for the Cassowary Coast Regional Council’s third family fun day fishing event at Warrina Lakes, Innisfail.
Rugby league referee and first-term councillor, Gavin Baskett is the new mayor of the Winton Shire Council.
- The risk of yield destroying crown rot is being reduced in winter cereal crops through good management.
- The Bureau of Meteorology has confirmed we are now in a La Nina phase but says the system is likely to be weak and short-lived.
- Is the market over-cooked and are producers running headlong into trouble with high price purchases?
- It's a city under siege. Charters Towers residents are suffering from the worst bat plague in living memory, with up to 200,000 flying foxes invading the town.
- A renewed focus on flavour is pushing the Australian mango industry to new heights.
- High-quality houses and apartments in inner-Sydney and fashionably located properties with redevelopment potential sold for bullish prices at weekend auctions.
- All levy-funded ag research organisations are different - and there is more to it than just whether the group is industry owned or not.
- While big bank behavior takes a public relations caning, customer-owned mutual banks have doubled their asset base to $110 billion, with considerable support from the bush
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.